Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sources of inspiration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Layouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuffchuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Sources of inspiration Reply with quote

I've never been very good at dreaming up layouts from scratch and have always relied on plans produced by other people to give me inspairation.

My first layout (see here) was inspired by this old Marklin Z gauge plan and have since been looking around for other layouts to base something on.

The other day I found this page. It hasn't been updated recently, but there are several ideas on there and I thought I'd share it.

Has anybody else been inspired by a particular layout or modeller or are their any good plan sites, which have inspired or helped you to create a good layout? If so, please let's see some links in here.
austindave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to find a plan of Londons kings cross, as it is the station I arrive at if I go to London By train. Which has for a long time been my plan to do a RTR terminus to terminus railway track. So far I got one started and it's doing well if ya would like A look mail me 'n' I'll send it to ya. Most of my tracks are based on an idear I have thought of. Like terminus stations and trains using the same platform from a different track. I have a example in my stuff page 125 3t.zip, which was done when RTR version 1.1 was current.

http://freespace.virgin.net/dayle.dave/stuff/

dayle.dave@virgin.net

Anyway back to plans. I have tryed on the internet to find such a plan and have had no look. At the weekend I had a trip to the York National Railway Museum. I had a thourght while as was there (do they have plans of stations in there book shop). And yes there was a London railways Atlas. It had plans there, cool I thought. I did not buy it as maybe farther chrismas may bring me it. So maybe there are such books in Librarys we can borrow.

Thanks Dave
dpletts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Suurces of Inspiration Reply with quote

I have an old Arnold-N book of plans; some of the larger layouts towards the back are quite insprational. There appear to be a number of copies available on EBay. Its full name is Gleisanlagenbuch Band 2 Gleisplane.

Hope that helps,

David
Willi_Leopold

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ChuffChuff,

TrainPlayer may be another source of inspiration. Although, it's not free but a nice little game. You can get it here: http://www.trainplayer.com/index.html. If you own it, you can download for free a lot of user layouts, most of them typicall American style.

Kind regards,

Willi
alanti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another source of layout plans that I found recently.
http://www.layoutdepot.com/index.ihtml

There are quite a few designs for the Atlas track design software, which you can get for free from Atlas.

Alan
peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alanti,
iŽll fellow this link Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Layouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: