Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

screen resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: screen resolution Reply with quote

Hay,
I installed the upgrade of the program (1.3) and according to the information I should be able to choose the resolution wanted ( I have a wide screen : 1440 x 900), but I can only choose between 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768.
Do I have to install the program again or can I alter this in another way?

Greetings Wink
peter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel
Your Windows is current in what for resolution is that 1024x786 or 1400x900.
If not Set Win on this resolution and try it again. But i dont know RTR fellows with that resolution or not. What for graca are you using Question with how many MB v-ram? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Michel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Peter,
Thanks for fast reply. My windows resolution is set on 1400 x 900 and it works fine. My grafic card is nvidia 64 mb ram, and I updated the drivers with the latest nvidia drivers, because I bought a new monitor ( samsung wide tft). I think I installed RTR before that. So perhaps I have to install it al over again to get a higher resoslution. Idea
greetings Wink
michel
Blazer9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel,

As to your screen resolution and your video card 64megs is not enough to run RTR at the higher resolutions of 1400 x 900 like you want. It may work but your computer will start to become jerking when you are riding the rails (camera mode). I suggest that you upgrade to a 256meg video card as soon as possible and add as much ram as your machine will hold.
In order to have your experience with RTR enjoyable.

Happy Railroading
Don
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel,Hi Blazer9
I agree with you Blazer9,my card if a Gforce Fx5200 with 128 MB V-Ram and goes not higher as 1024x786 pix,but one of my brother can with 256mb ram to 1400x1024 it runs up to this resolution. Question Idea In the near future i also upgrade my graca for more speed and resolution.Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brainbom
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: screen resolution Reply with quote

Michel wrote:
I should be able to choose the resolution wanted ( I have a wide screen : 1440 x 900)

Sorry, the program will not offer this resolution.

Possible resoultions:

800x600
1024x768
1290x960 or 1280x1024
1600x1200

Regards,
brainbom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brinbomb,michel and Blazer9
the possibleresolutions for rtr are ok and selected for the gracaīs we have and the fps will be ok if not selected too big. For me are 1024x768 ok. Smile,But a better graca will be recommented Exclamation
unger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Hi-Res difficulties. Reply with quote

Thanx Brainbom, for the RES tip. All modes work on my sys, 256m Nv graca,
19" Flatscreen, 768m ram.
I find it quite difficult to work with anything higher than 1024x768 though, as the selector is way off. By this, I mean selecting pieces, especially smaller ones, the selector/pointer is way off target. Tinys are time consuming and very frustrating to select. !024x768 is my fav.
I dont have a big mouth, just big fingertips!
unger Very Happy Smile Cool
brainbom
Site admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 1.3 offers only a few resolutions.
The new version will offer the same resolutions, but there will be the possibility to choose other resolutions using command line parameters.

brainbom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brainbom,
Itīs good to hear about more resolutions Smile But on my machine the resolutions are bordered thru the Graca,but itīs with 1024x768 ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Others All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: