View from the engine compartment

Home Forums General questions On train camera views View from the engine compartment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello To all, and the new members, Welcome. I’ve been going over the Manual to refresh my memory and I find a conflicting problem with the view from the engine compartment as stated in Para 1.4 and para 2.4. I previously had a Train Simulator Game where you could actually see things in front of the train as you travelled along. Am I missing something? Wouldn’t this view be great? Thanks to everyone for all the new thing to use now that I’m Back for a while. Smokey

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Smokey,

Quote:

…where you could actually see things in front of the train as you travelled along.

Do you mean a cabview (with or without cab) or with other words a driver’s view? If yes, that doesn’t exist in Rule The Rail. If that would be implemented, it would mean, to implement real tunnels, too.

At the moment the camera “flies” over the mountains, using its collision detection. But that wouldn’t make sense in a cabview. So we would need tunnel walls, otherwise you can see through the mountains from their back or inner side, as polygons are only rendered from one side.

Kind regards,

Willi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.