Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View from the engine compartment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> On train camera views
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: View from the engine compartment Reply with quote

Hello To all, and the new members, Welcome. I've been going over the Manual to refresh my memory and I find a conflicting problem with the view from the engine compartment as stated in Para 1.4 and para 2.4. I previously had a Train Simulator Game where you could actually see things in front of the train as you travelled along. Am I missing something? Wouldn't this view be great? Thanks to everyone for all the new thing to use now that I'm Back for a while. Smokey
Willi_Leopold

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smokey,

Quote:
...where you could actually see things in front of the train as you travelled along.

Do you mean a cabview (with or without cab) or with other words a driver's view? If yes, that doesn't exist in Rule The Rail. If that would be implemented, it would mean, to implement real tunnels, too.

At the moment the camera "flies" over the mountains, using its collision detection. But that wouldn't make sense in a cabview. So we would need tunnel walls, otherwise you can see through the mountains from their back or inner side, as polygons are only rendered from one side.

Kind regards,

Willi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> On train camera views All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: