Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event Counter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Building the track system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Event Counter? Reply with quote

Pete the porter. Crap name - I thought it was good at the time. Never mind!

Can anyone help me please. I could do with a way of counting the number of times an engine passes a control. I would like to be able to make say 6 shunting movements after which a set of points can be activated so that the wagons formed into a train can be taken away from the shunting area. I have tried doing this by timing the events but this does not seem to be accurate enough.

I'm a new member and I do have a couple of layouts which I would like to share but I don't have a web site up and running at the moment but hopefully I will get round to it. Regards to all.
austindave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete the Porter

Yes this can be done with a control track. See link about this. Chris and Don use this type of control I am new at using it but it works really well I can send you examples of what I have done if you want. I would like a look at your layouts I like to see what other people get up to Laughing My email addy is

dayle.dave@virgin.net

http://brainbombers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357&start=0

Chris coal zips show good examples of this type of control system. Which are on the pages the link opens.

Thanks Dave
jdgoss1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a shunting example that uses a control track - with a second control track acting as a loop counter. I don't have anywhere to post it, email me and i'll send it to ya.
peter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete and Daveand jdgoss1,
The controler tracks can be hidden in the sunting yard,as i did.

Hi Dave your big terminus is really big and crazy a little bit.
Good work Cool Smile IŽl do the same for digifans.
What do you mean about my third shunting demo? where are the controler tracks?
i hope that helps.

i have the protocoals from chris. if you want you can study that.
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Event Counters Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help.

I have uploaded a layout to Brainbombers which makes use of a shunting operation based on the information you have provided. The layout also contains main up and down lines and station which are kept busy from a Fiddle Yard at the rear of the layout.
austindave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool when it's on i'll dload it.

Thanks Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Building the track system All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: