Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROA File Lock-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Install, run, uninstall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: ROA File Lock-up Reply with quote

I had almost completed my latest layout and was raising terrain to hide a fiddle yard when I noticed that tunnels were not being created where, in places, the terrain was being raised above the tracks. I also noticed that I only had the default ground texture and had lost roads and other surface textures. Too late to do anything the computer locked-up.

I can load any other layouts but if I try this particular one my computer locks up again. No autosave was available either.

I think I shall have to start from the beginning again unless anyone has any suggestions.
peter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,Do you have screenschots,to see what exactly happens?
And how big was that layout? I wanna take a look on this. May be i can help. Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter. Thanks for the offer of help. It is a small layout but I have no screenshots, only the suspect ROA file. I wouldn't mind remodelling the graphics if only the track layout and track controls could be recovered. These involved the most work.
austindave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Can you open the track or does it just lock up?

If you can open the track you could copy and paste to a new board only thing is you will loser all controllers and power supplys and such like.

Thanks Dave
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave. The program locks up after I select the particular layout and as soon as I try to click on the "tick" box. I shall just put it down to experience and start the layout again. Pity was that I had already tested the layout and it did everything that I wanted. As soon as I have a spare moment I will put a post in "Layouts" as others might like to try what I had in mind.

(I also tried the ROA file on another computer with the same result)

Thanks to Peter and Dave for their inputs. Wink
austindave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Shame I hate it when that happens.

Dave
peter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave and Pete,
Can it be the executalbe code has a bug or is only hanging on a lock box? You tried it on another compu but with the same soft you have on your primary compu? or with other users soft Question
That Roa,can you send it to me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brainbom
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ROA File Lock-up Reply with quote

Pete the Porter wrote:
unless anyone has any suggestions

Please send the layout to support@brainbombers.com, I will check if there is any program error.

brainbom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Id tested it,same as Pete says. Ive take a look for md5sum in Hexwork,thats a write-error if i right. Pete,you should send that layout to Brainbom see why that error. Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Install, run, uninstall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: