Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial - Control Tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Creating automatic controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete the Porter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Tutorial - Control Tracks Reply with quote

There seems to be quite an interest in Control Tracks at the moment and so I have tried to write a simple tutorial to help those who are interested to get started. I have rather an old version of an HTML editor so it doesn't look particularly great but I do hope that the content will help.

The tutorial can be read at http://www.btinternet.com/~peter.reeve/controltrack/
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Nice job with the tutorial.

Best regards, Chris
austindave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete

Great job this will help alot of people getting startred with control tracks. Since i've learned how to use them I find I can not live with out them.

Thanks Dave
peter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,
Your tutorial is a good thing for beginners and for advanced users of RTR an IH. You can build this track as seperate unit and hide it in a hill or you can build this as a buildin track in a station,shuntig yard or in a station. Very Happy
Thanx for this sites. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dpletts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Very interest tutorial!

If you use a control track on a digital layout, you have to build it as a circular structure because you cannot reverse direction. This tends to result in a quite large control track because of the largish curved pieces. However, you can add sections of short straight between the curves.

You may need to enlarge the control track, anyway, simply to give extra time for the control train to complete the rotation if such timing is critical.

Or I suppose you could make things even more complicated by adding signals with a delay to your digital control track! Haven't tried that, yet.

By-the-way, I found that once I had got every automatically conrolled switch or signal working correctly on my digital layout I could edit it to delete its name. This means that only user-controlled items need be displayed on the layout. But I expect you all knew that, anyway.

Cheers,

David
peter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
You can reverse a controler track by Digital as you shunting in both directories. If you want to see an example with controler track then see that here:

You can dload it HERE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Creating automatic controls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: