Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Layout Standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Layouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willi_Leopold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Layout Standards Reply with quote

Hi,

I think, the new Layout Viewer 2.0 is very useful and opens new possibilites to RTR. But there are two simple standards for layouts you have to notice:

Please don't use layout names with spaces or it will destroy the start-up parameters in Layout Viewer!

Please publish your layouts from now on with all three files in the ZIP- file, for example:
* mylayout.roa
* mylayout.roa.jpg
* mylayout.roa.txt

Many thanks,

Willi
themnax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i don't know how to create a "mylayout.roa.jpg" or a "mylayout.roa.txt", but i'd have to also somehow include a "myterrain.jpg" as i use many of my own custom terrain texture tiles in place of the ones terrain.jpg normaly comes with. (and the ground looks really totaly crazy in downloaded layouts until i fix them up and likewise my own would/do using the standard terrain.jpg)
Willi_Leopold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Themnax,

As for layout information files: See the Layout Viewer manual:

Quote:
* Screenshot: JPG-file, size 480 x 360 pixel. The file name must exactly be the same like the layout file, including the extension “.roa”. For example: for the layout “Analogdemo1.roa” the screenshot must be named “Analogdemo1.roa.jpg”!
* Layout description: A short text about the layout in the normal, unformated text format, created for example with Notepad or Editor. Again the text file must have exactly the same name like the layout, in the above example “Analogdemo1.roa.txt”.

As for custom terrain: Just start the layouts from Layout Viewer. It recognises custom terrains with the same name like the layout and copies the custom terrain to terrain.jpg. For layouts without a custom terrain it uses the standard full ground.

Hope, that helps.

Willi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> Layouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: