Railroad train games by Rule the Rail - Home Train games, railway games Rule the Rail!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Getting off the train'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> On train camera views
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you want to get off the train at the end of your ride?
I want to get off wherever I happen to be
97%
 97%  [ 34 ]
I want to go back to where I started my journey
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

Governor of Waldovia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: 'Getting off the train' Reply with quote

When I select camera view and then click the loco/coach/wagon that I wish to view from, it could be compared to getting on the train. Unfortunately, when I click the camera button again I am returned to wherever I started the journey from.
Is it possible to change this so that when the camera button is clicked to stop the on-board view, we are simply released from the train? i.e. like getting off the train wherever we happen to be.

I appreciate this may be a personal view, so with your permission perhaps we could have a poll to see what others think.

Of course, if this is not possible then disregard the suggestion. Very Happy
Smokey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Getting off the train . Reply with quote

When I am on the engine view and I see something wrong along the track etc , it would be convenient to get off right there and fix the problem, as long as it will be easy to get back to the full layout view.
alexedwin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: 'Getting off the train' Reply with quote

Here, Here!

Whenever I travel, I like to get where I'm going.
Stop of and look around during the trips.

Alex
kw2957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
I think that we should be able to get off of the train where ever we want. I can't stand how you have to be released where you get on!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PaulR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's disorienting to snap back to the previous view. Maybe it should be in the options, something like "Return to previous view when detaching camera from train?" From a technical point of view it shouldn't be difficult - it's only a case of storing and/or restoring the camera position and orientation.

It would be useful to keep the camera in the same place when disembarking as you can correct any problems you spot without having to re-find the place.

On the subject of camera control I also think it would be better if mousewheel zooming was not de-activated when the build menus are open.
PaulR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On the subject of camera control I also think it would be better if mousewheel zooming was not de-activated when the build menus are open.

Ooops I see this is fixed in RtR proper not the nameless program I was using Embarassed
waylon miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. I think it would be very convenient to get off the train at any time. This would be very use-ful for all of us just in-case we have to get off the train to move objects or fix track.
acelsodd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 'Getting off the train' Reply with quote

Governor of Waldovia wrote:
I appreciate this may be a personal view, so with your permission perhaps we could have a poll to see what others think.

Hi, Governor,
As always this is another of your great ideas for RTR. I'm with you (and as I read, with lots of others friends Smile ). I hope brainbom put this feature in the next release.
And please, brainbom, don't forget to allow us to select between the available tunnel layouts , too... Wink
peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: get off cameraview Reply with quote

Hi Gov Alex an ....!
First words are thanx to gov and chris for hard work on expansionsets and many good ideas. If i make ajouney from station to station and i see i have to edit anything i want to get off train to edit(place,rotate,lift or delete),but i get off on startpoint and not on place i want to edit. Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Thanks for your kind comment.

I had found that you can do some edits while still in camera view. You might want to try that yourself.

Regards, Chris
peter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: getting off Reply with quote

Thanx chris,
i´ll take more waiting time at the station and try what´s possible and what not. Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tenacboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the choices, I'd certainly vote with the majority for exiting the train whereever it happens to be at the time.

Idea It might be just as easy to implement it as a choice of either the current location or the boarding point.

Just an idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Train games, railway games Rule the Rail! Forum Index -> On train camera views All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: